• Easy access to 9 unique distilleries that host tours and tastings
• Over 300 buildings on the National Register of Historic Places – nearly 200 of them downtown!
• Multiple bourbon-centric points of interest including the Oscar Getz Museum of Whiskey History
• One of the nation’s oldest taverns, Old Talbott Tavern, established way back in 1779!
• Shops that stock bourbon and other locally-made products
Bourbon Comes from Bardstown
Dubbed the Bourbon Capital of the World, Bardstown was selected as “The Most Beautiful Small Town in America” in the Rand McNally & USA Today 2012 “Best of the Road” contest and landed in the top 20 of “America’s Favorite Towns” by Travel + Leisure – which also recognized Bardstown as having one of “America’s Most Beautiful Town Squares.” In 2013, Bardstown was designated a certified Kentucky Cultural District, one of only six Kentucky cities to achieve this honor.
Explore Bardstown’s unique distilleries.
From big to small, old to new, Bardstown is home to a compelling range of distilleries:
Of course, in Bardstown you can enjoy bourbon experiences beyond distilleries, too. Taste local creations at bourbon-themed restaurants, dig into local history at museums and historic sites, find bourbon-inspired and bourbon-infused treasures at local shops, ride My Old Kentucky Dinner Train, sip a specialty cocktail at one of the bars in our charming downtown, and more!
Come Find Bourbon in Covington, Frankfort, and Bardstown, Kentucky.
Come Find Bourbon in Covington, Frankfort, and Bardstown, Kentucky. With their deep range of authentic bourbon experiences, Covington, Frankfort, and Bardstown are the best answers to the common question of where to stay when exploring Kentucky Bourbon Country.
Plan a weekend getaway or longer visit.
Do more. Drive less.